All of BioLab®’s US-based facilities have adopted the highest standards to ensure premium quality and the best working conditions for our employees. We follow Six Sigma and LEAN principles plus adhere to the chemical industry’s Responsible Care® initiative, seeking to be as efficient and safe as we can be while pursuing best-in-class performance for everything we produce.
1700 Old Covington Highway NW • Conyers, GA 30012-3916 • (770) 483-2600
The Conyers facility opened in 1973 and is located approximately 20 miles due east of downtown Atlanta. The location houses several hundred square feet of warehousing and four production facilities (solids blending, compression, powder fill (bags and bottles), chemical production, liquid fill, bottle decoration and case printing, kits). BioLab-Conyers supplies water-treatment products for recreational applications on a global basis and specialty household products in the United States. Product types include pool and spa chemicals in powder, tablet, stick and liquid form.
910 Interstate 10 West • Westlake, LA 70669 • (337) 433-3030
The West Lake Charles plant was built in 1979 by Olin Chemical Corporation and was purchased by BioLab Inc. in December 1994. The city of Lake Charles is about 130 miles from Baton Rouge and 200 miles from Houston, Texas. The plant is located on 10 acres within a large industrial complex with multiple companies. It manufactures Trichloroisocyanuric Acid, Chlorinating Granules Plus, Automatic Toilet Bowl Tablets, plus other specialty blends.
1400 E. Michigan Street, #1406 • Adrian, MI 49221-3446 • P.O. Box 207 • Adrian, MI 49221-0207 • (517) 265-6138
Chemical manufacturing began on the site of the original Adrian Fence Works in the late 1960s under the name of Drug Research. The site was acquired by Great Lakes Chemical Corporation in 1977 and in the late 1980s, it was assigned to the wholly owned subsidiary, BioLab Inc. The site became a BioLab/Chemtura facility in July 2005 when Great Lakes merged with Crompton Corporation to form Chemtura Corporation. The Adrian facility is located on 7 acres about an hour drive from Detroit and it manufactures BCDMH (bromo-chloro dimethyl hydantoin) and DMH (dimethyl hydantoin).